A work session for the Candidates for Millcreek’s new city government is set for Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Holladay City Hall, Council Meeting Room (4580 South 2300 East).
The meeting will be conducted by Mayoral Candidate Jeff Silvestrini and by Candidates for the Millcreek City Council (Diane Angus and Silvia Catten for District 1, Dwight Marchant and Dwayne Vance for District 2, Jem Keller and Cheri Jackson for District 3, and Seraya Amirthalingam and Bev Uipi for District 4).
The Candidates will invite Governance Committee volunteers up to the front as questions are raised. After an initial conversation on each topic there will be a public comment period (no more than 2 minutes per speaker) prior to giving direction on a given item.
MATTERS FOR DISCUSSION BETWEEN CANDIDATES:
- City administrative powers (City Manager or full time Mayor with Administrator)
- Candidates’ interest in exploring a privatization model for management of the City
- Proceedings of negotiations with the County
- Proceeding of Mayor-specific items from the statute
- Salt Lake County ordinance (2.92.100) about moratorium for land use/applications
- Educational needs of the candidates